From Desert Operations Wiki
Chat's etiquette refers to your behavior in our in-game chat, even when sending messages to another players. Follow these rules and you'll avoid sanctions or problems with other players. We also recommend that you have a good time.
- Be respectful to other players and be nice to them. Be kind and others will return this kindness.
- When you login to a channel in our in-game chat, before participating, try to read everyone else to know what they're talking about. Perhaps there's an interesting trade in progress or news worth talking about. Introduce yourself when you have a general feeling of the table.
- Do you like flirting? Well, it's pretty possible that other players don't enjoy this. If you don't receive a positive response, please stop and don't insist.
- Everyone has days of bad temper, but don't use this against other players. If you have a bad day, don't upset everyone else.
- Help the rookies! When a newbie logins in the chat for the first time, try to remember your first days in it. Were you helped by someone? Try to do the same for the others.
- When you specifically address someone, do it using their username in the chat. Write their name with your message, so they can see better your message.
- The chat was meant to be for fun and a place to relax. However, keep in mind that certain things that can be funny for you, can be in a bad taste for others. Be careful with polemic themes or black humor.
- Do not coerce or harass other players to share their personal information. That is strictly forbidden. If someone wants to speak with you, they will give you their information willingly.
- CAPS, smileys and other type of message characters can be used as long as they help to emphasize something in your message. However, don't use them constantly, don't spam them or flood them, because you may upset other players.
- Profanity is strictly forbidden. Words that refer to violence, adult content of sexual nature or racism will be punished.
- If a player is breaking the chat rules, just ignore him and report the problem to the Chat Mods or to support (Support will only act on SEVERE cases).
- Don't choose an username that is offensive to other players or has the purpose to annoy them. Of course, violent, racist and pornographic names will be blocked.
- Alliance and trade subjects are only allowed with certain limitations (don't repeat the offer, don't harass players with your offers, don't use flood, spam, etc) and must be done in Lobby and Lounge. In US servers, trade and alliance subjects are allowed with certain limits: don't repeat the offer in at least 2 hours, don't harass players with your offers, don't use flood, spam, etc, but is also preferred that you try to keep these subjects in the Lobby and/or Lounge chat channels.
- Chatting in our channels does not mean anonymity. The system records your IP address, your chat-logs and that is the only thing we need to investigate who you are. In extreme cases, if you break the game, we will take legal action using every information at our disposal.
- Spam or flood are forbidden. Spam is the action of using the chat to announce other services or games. Flood is the repetition of phrases, characters in one or several text lines. Some channels have an automatic filter going on and if you break the rules, it will be blocked automatically.
- Hyperlinks are not allowed in the chat, it doesn't matter what room or what hour it is. If you need to share something or look for a specific link, please use our forums. The chat is strictly to have a conversation. Contingency tables, battle and spy reports can't be published in our chat. There are a lot of in-game links that offer help to the players in case they need it.
- Do not advertise other games in our in-game chat. If you are interested in other game besides ours, you can go visit it without interrupting ours
- If you're in the US /UK server, please communicate in English. Other languages aren't allowed. If you wish to speak in other language, please do it in a private channel or through private messages with your friends or alliance.
- If you like debating about some specific topics, it's ok but remember that our in-game chat is meant to be a place where players can have fun and relax. Not all players will be in the mood of debating or discussing. Not everyone is entitled to have the same opinion as you. Avoid insulting others. If a delicate topic gets out of hand, then a moderator may decide to start banning people to give the channel room a space to breath.
- A chat moderator can decide to close a subject if he or she considers it inappropriate or delicate enough. A mod may sanction you without a notice although he will state the reason of your ban in the chat if this happens.
Game rules are the same for ALL players.
- If any player discovers a bug in the game, it should be reported immediately to the support team. We have rewards for this kind of situation when you're the first player to report it. For a reward to be given, the player should detail how to reproduce this bug thoroughly to help our tech team investigate and patch it. Using bugs or exploits won't be tolerated and will be punished.
- Pushing is considered the irregular growth of an account through trade and combats. This is not allowed and even attempting this will be punished. Combats that transfer buildings from an account to another with the purpose to block simultaneous attacks and lower the bash percentage may be considered pushing as well. If our team detects this, the combat, trade, and any benefit the account has obtained, like resources and buildings, during this period may be revoked by our support team, there might also be some added penalties and deductions, depending on the case. Support will have the final say for the penalization and any consequent actions.
- Only one account per user is allowed. Multi accounts are not tolerated. They will be banned on spot. Sitting or managing third-party accounts is included in the multi-accounts consideration.
- Spamming and bullying other players with unnecessary military actions is not allowed. This includes:
- Spamming one or more players with private messages
- Excessive espionage actions. We consider three successful (100% accuracy) espionages to each area during one calendar day are enough.
- Spamming and/or abusing military actions, like retreating combats and spying unsuccessfully and repeatedly. Support will have the final say to decide which actions might be considered harassment in any case.
- Trust pass: if you plan to share your internet connection with another player, before going online, is best recommended you send a ticket to our support team and ask for a trust pass. Do this as soon as possible before being tagged as a multi-account by our system.
- It is strictly forbidden to use pornographic, strongly offensive, or insulting language as well as any designation and content which violates any existing law. This applies to private messages, messages, and comments in the game chat, country names, nicknames, alliance images, alliance names and descriptions, profile images, and any other way within the game to spread such content! This will not be tolerated and our team may punish it severely.
- Scripting, auto-updating, and any kind of automatic action controlled by a computer program, a script, or similar, is not allowed. Any type of automatic process used to take advantage of the game is not allowed and it will be sanctioned.
- When a player quits or is expelled from an alliance, he shouldn't be attacked or attack his ex-alliance partners at least for 48 hours after quitting. The same principle applies to the leader of an alliance that is eliminated with the purpose of attacking its members. This activity will be considered pushing.
- Premium services are meant for your personal account. Paying other players to buy diamonds, transform them into resources, and transfer them through trade to other players is not allowed.
- Accounts are individual and can't be sold or transferred. Trading accounts with other users is not allowed. It's forbidden to pay real money to other players for their help and if we detect or suspect this happens, the account will be promptly terminated.
These sanctions are only a guide for the player. Each support member may sanction differently depending on a series of factors: repeating offences, behavior, and etcetera. If there is any complaint about how support handles a case, please copy and paste your original ticket as well as your ticket ID or REF number, and write our QA Team so they can help you: email@example.com
Managing other accounts (Sitting):
- First offence: Ban for two days for both users.
- Second offence: Ban for four days for both users.
- Third offence: Possible Permanent ban for both users.
- Any suspected attacks will be revoked and a 4 day ban.
- If this happens a second or third time, support may ban you permanently.
Insults, vulgar language, offending other players:
- First offence: Ban for 1 day.
- Second offence: Ban for 2 days.
- Third offence: Ban for 4 days or it might be permanent.
- PERMANENT BAN.
Using trust pass to commerce between trusted accounts:
- First offence: Ban for 3 days and trades revoked.
- Second offence: Possible Permanent ban.
Using trust pass to do pushing attacks:
- The battles will be revoked, you'll be banned and we'll eliminate the trust pass.
Do not ever ask for a trust pass to cheat. We will eventually notice and we could ban you permanently if we confirm it. We like to trust our players. We like to trust our community. Don't use this to betray our confidence in you. Country's names, descriptions and profile pictures:
- First offence: Change of user name or description.
- Second offence: Ban for one or two days.
- First offence: Ban for two days
- Second offence: Possible Permanent ban
Using bugs or game errors for benefit:
- First offence: Ban for two days
- Second offence: Possible Permanent ban
Forum spam, forum multiaccounts or misbehavior:
- First offence: Warning.
- Second offence: Ban for one day (game).
- Third offence: Ban for two days (game).
Letting support know: if a player knows or suspects he did a wrong play or confess a misbehavior in their game, the banning could be reduced to a half as long as the player communicates their fault first. However, if the player is reported or support catches the fault first, then the sanction will be applied in its full capacity. In case of a permanent ban, this won't apply.
PS: Support will have the liberty to evaluate if a player is blocked or only gets a warning. All rules are under the evaluation of the support team, who will always have the last word about what actions will be taken.
Moderators will decide best how many time to mute a player.
This guide is only a reference. Moderators may ask help from support any time that they decide they can't give an appropriate sanction for a fault.
- Vulgar language: 30 minutes to 1 day.
- Offences, pornographic links, extreme violence, fascism and/or nazi topics: 2 hours to 1 day.
- Alliance and commerce transactions in the global channel: First time there will be a warning, next 2 hours to 1 day.
- Racism or graphic sexual messages: 24 hours.
- Forbidden hyperlinks or mentions to other games: 24 hours.
- Spam / Flood: 30 mins - 24 hours.
- Communicating in other languages than English in the public channels (in the US/UK servers): 30 minutes to 1 day.